Okay, confession time? I’m not a huge fan of Candy Corn – but I still think it’s super cute and just the sight of something candy corn-like brings up all sorts of giddy fall feelings, so I came up with these simple & cute Candy Corn Jell-O Parfaits to enjoy that cute color scheme, without the overly sweet candy corn flavor!
These cute little Jell-O parfaits are perfect for a quick and easy dessert or for contributing to a fall festival or event. We used disposable plastic stemmed glasses from our dollar store to make the single servings feasible – and when served at home, I usually wash and re-use them a few times. (Of course, if you’re serving at home, you can use real stemmed glasses or another clear container, but this is a great option if you’re worried about kids breaking glass.)
Top the parfaits with a few of their namesakes for a finishing touch – a batch of 20 of these costs less than $3 and takes less than 10 minutes total to make. (Although, that 10 minutes is spread out between chillings.)
How to Make Candy Corn Jell-O
1 pack lemon Jell-O
1 pack orange Jell-O
4 cups water
1/2 container whipped topping
Candy corn, for garnish
Place lemon Jell-O powder in a medium bowl, and add 1 cup boiling water.
Stir to dissolve, then 1 cup cold water. Stir well.
Fill serving containers 1/3 of the way full with the lemon Jell-O and set in the fridge for 1 hour.
Next, repeat process with orange Jell-O powder, filling the containers another 1/3 of the way full. Let set another 2-3 hours in the fridge.
Top last third with whipped topping and add candy corn garnish just before serving.
We used mini-stemmed glasses for serving.
- 1 pack lemon Jell-O
- 1 pack orange Jell-O
- 4 cups water
- ½ container whipped topping
- Candy corn, for garnish
- Place lemon Jell-O powder in a medium bowl, and add 1 cup boiling water.
- Stir to dissolve, then 1 cup cold water. Stir well.
- Fill serving containers ⅓ of the way full with the lemon Jell-O and set in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Next, repeat process with orange Jell-O powder, filling the containers another ⅓ of the way full. Let set another 2-3 hours in the fridge.
- Top last third with whipped topping and add candy corn garnish just before serving.
What special treats will you be making this fall? Be sure to check out some of our other festive treats, like our Pumpkin Rice Krispies or our Apple Vanilla Muffins.