While it is noble and aspirational to start the day with a healthy breakfast, there are times when a bit of indulgence is in order! Whether for a special occasion or just for fun, this Cookies and Cream Donut Recipe is the perfect treat for any morning that needs just a bit more magic.
How to Make Cookies & Cream Donuts
First, gather your ingredients:
2 cups granulated sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour<
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
2 bars Cookies & Cream chocolate
Homemade donuts are one of those special breakfasts (or desserts) that you just don’t see as often. While frying them can seem intimidating, baked donuts are just as delicious and just as easy as whipping up a batch of cupcakes! (Maybe even easier since you don’t have to be great at decorating to make some mouth-watering looking donuts!
These Cookies & Cream Donuts are easy & quick to make – so consider adding them to the agenda for your next special morning!
Preheat oven to 350°F
Grease a donut tray and set aside.
Stir sugar with flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, and beat well.
Slowly stir in boiling water until you reach a runny consistency. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, portion out the batter into the donut cavities.
Bake for 15-18 minutes and allow to cool in the pan for one minute before turning out onto a cooling rack.
Once the donuts have cooled completely, break up the chocolate bars and place in a microwave-safe bowl.
Heat for 30 seconds, then stir well, and repeat as necessary until the chocolate is completely smooth and melted.
Spoon the Cookies & Cream “glaze” over the chocolate donuts and allow to set before storing or serving.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease a donut tray and set aside.
- Stir sugar with flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, and beat well.
- Slowly stir in boiling water until you reach a runny consistency. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, portion out the batter into the donut cavities.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes and allow to cool in the pan for one minute before turning out onto the rack.
- Combine butter, milk, corn syrup, and vanilla in medium saucepan and heat over medium heat until butter is melted. Decrease the heat to low, add the ¼ cup of chocolate, and whisk until melted. Turn off heat, add the powdered sugar, and whisk until smooth. Place the mixture over a bowl of warm water and dip the doughnuts immediately.
More Recipes You’ll Love