Great, high energy game for reviewing Dolch 2nd Grade Sight Words! 46 words are included in this set. Other sets are available in my store. These cards could also be used on a Word Wall.
This game is a “Slap Jack”-style game with a center pile used to tell you which card to slap. As the flipped card is played and slapped, a new card is turned over to show a new card to look for to slap.
**Each “set” consists of one pink page and one teal page. However, you can mix and match sets for your purposes. You can also combine sets for a larger game.**
Print on card stock and/or laminate the cards. (Card stock is recommended because some children will try to see through the cards.)
I recommend printing 2-4 copies of the PLAYING cards for more thorough review. More copies will create a longer game.
PLAYING cards are teal for easy sorting. If you want to review words in a different order simply print the pages with the words you want and make your own sets. All sets match for this reason.
To play: 2-4 players
- Place the word cards face down in a pile.
- Deal the definition cards equally among players. Place them face down in a pile in front of each player.
- Decide the first player.
- Flip over one of the CENTER cards.
- In clockwise order players flip one card at a time. When a PLAYING card is flipped that matches the CENTER card: SLAP-IT!
- The first player to slap the card takes the center pile of cards that have been played and adds them to the bottom of their own pile.
- Flip another CENTER card and continue playing.
- Game is finished when time is up or one player has all the PLAYING cards.