Put yourself in a child’s shoes for just a moment. It’s Christmastime. There’s a tree in your living room with bright baubles, lights and candy canes. Every day newly wrapped packages appear underneath its branches. Your mom bought matching ugly Christmas sweaters for the entire family, including the dog. Holiday movies pop up on every channel. Should it be any wonder it’s hard to CONCENTRATE on SCHOOL?! This Christmas Theme Find The Missing Number activity can turn that all around.
No, it shouldn’t be a surprise that the holiday season can cause a bit of a distraction for students and teachers. Possibly the best thing you can do is embrace the Christmas season by providing as many engaging, holiday themed activities as you can throughout the month of December.
Christmas Theme Find the Missing Number Level 2 Numbers 1-10 is designed to help young learners become fluent with sequencing numbers. Each slide contains three numbers on Christmas trees. Students must fill in the missing numbers in the sequence by clicking and dragging the appropriate numbers into the empty boxes.
Level 2 features two missing numbers as opposed to one missing number in the Level 1 activity. The slideshow includes numbers 1-10. And it’s coming to you wrapped in a cozy white Christmas theme your students won’t be able to resist.
Download this irresistible Christmas activity for kindergarten today! It’s NO prep (unlike those gingerbread houses), and practices a highly valuable math skill.
Number flexibility is the ability to ‘see’ numbers in various ways. For example, the number 10 is actually 1 ten plus 1 one, or it is 8+2, or it is 10 less than 20. This concept becomes increasingly important as young mind’s learn about numbers by counting, skip counting, grouping, classifying, ordering numbers and more!
Good number flexibility allows children to delve into problem solving with confidence and understanding.
How to Use Christmas Theme Find the Missing Number Level 2 Numbers 1-10
Click on the link below. Then, choose which version you want: Google Slides, Seesaw, or self-checking Boom cards. When you clink on the appropriate link, it will open in the appropriate app and you’re good to go.
Remember to make a copy of the Google Slides version so it is your very own editable copy. In Slides, just click on the number to highlight the box in blue and drag it when the cursor resembles a plus sign with an arrow on each end.
In Seesaw, use the Text tool (click on the large T) to be able to highlight each number to move it.
Boom cards provide the amazing feature of self-checking. However, keep in mind you must be connected to the Internet for Boom cards to work.
Adapt the Activity for Individual Learners
- Warm up sleepy brains with a quick round of practice counting forwards/backwards to ten, or by skip counting.
- Play your favorite Christmas music in the background while students work or ask them to bring their favorite songs.
- Plan an engaging, yet structured holiday party by rotating through centers, including this math activity for kids, a Christmas craft, guess the white elephant gift, and Christmas caroling.
- Cater to auditory learners by asking the child to count the number sequences aloud.
- Provide appropriate scaffolding with number charts or manipulatives as appropriate.
- Challenge students to try starting with the last number and counting backwards to find the missing number.
- Print the slides and laminate to practice writing the missing numbers 1-10 in the boxes with dry/wet erase markers.
Save Time and Get All Our Google Slides and Seesaw Activities in One Easy Download