70 CVC Play Dough Word Mats that are perfect literacy centers for your preschool, pre-k, or prekinders classroom. CVC Word Mats for Play Dough are a great way for your students to practice their short vowel (consonant, vowel, consonant) words while building their fine motor skills that will be necessary for writing.
Want even more CVC Word Mats? And want to save $$? Get three fun varieties in the CVC Word Mat BUNDLE! Outlines, Play Dough, and Snap Cubes included!
Your children will love these hands-on CVC word mats! Not only will they work on word building, but they will also focus on fine motor skills and beginning writing skills.
And you’ll definitely be the cool teacher when you let them practice their words with play dough!
What CVC word families are included?
- CVC -a- word families: -ab, -ad, -ag, -am, -an, -ap, -at, -ax
- CVC -e- word families: -eb, -ed, -eg, -em, -en, -et
- CVC -i- word families: -ib, -id, -ig, -im, -in, -ip, -it, -ix
- CVC -o- word families: -ob, -od, -og, -om, -op, -ot, -ox
- CVC -u- word families: -ub, -ud, -ug, -um, -un, -up-, us, -ut, -ux
**Please note: When possible 2 words for each word family are included for a total of 70 CVC words. There are a few word families that only one word was possible.
**Every letter of the alphabet is included with the exception of q to give your students the most effective beginning reading experience.
These 70 CVC Word Play Dough Mats make great literacy centers for your pre-k or preschool classroom. Print and laminate the color activities for low-prep, hands-on learning.
- To save on laminating, use a write and wipe pocket.
- Save on colored ink by printing the black and white CVC Word Play Dough Mats.
- Add a challenge to the play dough mats by having the students match their play dough to the colors shown on the mat.
- Use dry erase markers or crayons to trace the CVC words at the bottom of each mat and to build the words in the boxes.