Your students will have so much fun learning addition to 10 with these 8 math centers and 4 printable activities. There is a strong emphasis on relating the one-to-one counting concept and composing numbers up to 10. All with a fun caterpillar theme!! (All drawings and representations are unique to the clip artist.)
Many of the activities in this pack can be differentiated to help introduce addition to students who do not have strong number recognition making these math centers perfect for pre-k and kindergarten. These will help to build a strong number sense while introducing addition.
The centers are divided between adding up to 5 and adding from 6-10. However, they can easily be combined by printing and using both sets.
Materials needed for the Addition to 10 Centers & Activities:
- Laminating Pouches
- File Folders
- Pinning Cards (pin a clothespin to the correct answer)
- Addition to 10 Spin ‘n’ Win
- Addition to 10 Spin ‘n’ Win war version
- Leaf & Fruit Match
- Match it! (a concentration/memory game)
- Slap-It! (a fun variation of Slap Jack)
- Create picture representations of addition problems
- Spin ‘n’ Graph
- Connect the addition problem to the simple number line.
- Color by addition problem pages
Altogether there are 80 pages of addition to 10 activities to provide many opportunities to build a strong foundation for addition. (Plus 21 pages of instructions and implementation ideas.)
Get Addition to 10 Centers & Activities: Caterpillar Themed Here: