This is a simple set up game perfect for partner or small group centers to help review addition facts for numbers 1-10.
Simple Addition “War” cards
12 Sets of cards including all addition facts from 1-10 plus, a set of doubles only and a set of mixed facts.
Also included are two sets of worksheets covering addition facts from 0-10 using number lines and bar graphing.
Print 2-3 copies of each addition card game to vary the length and difficulty of the game. I recommend printing 3 copies of set one because it is a smaller deck. For sets 2-12, two copies should be sufficient.
For use in a center, print the student direction page.
The game is played as a traditional game of “War”:
- Divide cards evenly among two players.
- Place cards face down in a stack
- Players each turn over one card at the same time
- Player with the word that has the highest value takes both cards and adds them to the bottom of their pile In case of tie, each player lays down three cards face down and then turns the third card.
- Highest value wins all the cards.
- Play continues as time allows or one player runs out of cards Great partner center!!
Get Addition Facts 1-10 “War” Card Games and Printables Here: