Do you love superheroes? I hope so because the 2nd Grade Blogging Team has some awesome superhero activities for you today! Starting off with this free superhero printable for inequalities (and equalities) with addition! Your kids are sure to get excited as they become learning superheroes this week!
Materials needed for the Free Superhero Printable for Inequalities:
Paper and/or card stock
Laminating pouches and laminator
Dry erase marker or crayon
To prep: Print the superhero mat and addition cards on paper or card stock and laminate. If you choose not to laminate, you will need to put the cityscape into a dry erase pocket.
Then, print one copy of the recording page for each child.
To use: Have the child choose two cards and place them on the white spaces of the cityscape.
Then, have the child draw a <,>, or = to create a true statement and write the statement on the recording sheet.
Not only does this give kids a great chance to work on inequalities, it also builds their confidence with addition up to 20. We’re working on getting them completely memorized, so we did the addition facts as mental math.
And if you need a bit of movement in your learning time, you can always use the addition cards for an excuse to get some exercise.
We did it a couple ways: 1) Correct answer do 2 jumping jacks (she loves), incorrect answer do a squat 2) Correct answer- see how fast they can run across the room and back.
There really is no purpose to it other than wearing them out and having a little bit of fun while working. (It was our life saver during a particularly difficult morning…)
Be sure to check out the rest of the Superhero Activities!
- Super Hero States of Matter from Look! We’re Learning!
- Super Math Skip Counting from OT Toolbox
- Superhero Pattern Stones from Rainy Day Mum
- Super Hero Reading Logs from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
- I am a Super Hero! Writing Prompt from Creative Family Fun
- Superhero Contractions Memory Game from School Time Snippets
- Superhero Cityscape Art Project with Van Gogh from Preschool Powol Packets
- Create your own Superhero Comic-Photo-Strip from Crafty Kids at Home
- Super Hero Self Portrait from Still Playing School