This game is filled with lots of opportunities to build fluency with the 15 unique division “war” card games to use in you math centers. Partners will work together to learn basic division facts while playing a fast-paced, engaging game of inequalities.
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR THE DIVISION FACTS ‘WAR’ CARD GAMES:
Card Stock or Scrapbook Paper | Laminating Pouches | Laminator
15 Unique sets of cards comparing simple division problems and their quotients.
Print 2-4 copies of each set to make a deck.
Use card stock or laminate for durability. I highly recommend card stock as students will be able to see through regular printer paper and cheat.
Another suggestion is to use one-sided scrapbook paper which is also not see through, but also makes the deck attractive on both sides.
More copies=more cards, longer game, more review With 15 different card games, your students will have lots of opportunities to build their place value understanding and become fluent reading and using large numbers.
The Division Facts game is played as a traditional game of “War”.
How to play Division Facts “War”
- Divide cards evenly among two players.
- Place cards face down in a stack
- Players each turn over one card at the same time
- Player with the word that has the highest value takes both cards and adds them to the bottom of their pile
- In case of tie, each player lays down three cards face down and then turns the third card. Highest value wins all the cards.
- Play continues as time allows or one player runs out of cards
Great partner center!!