I know how much you all love play dough counting mats, so I have a new set for you (and three more coming out in the next week!). These free pirate play dough mats for numbers 1-10 are an excellent way to practice numeracy with your preschoolers and kindergarteners. With numerals, number words, ten-frame and a counting space, there are lots of ways to differentiate for all of your learners. They are great for your little ones to use while your ‘big’ kids are playing the pirate rounding game I shared a couple weeks ago.
To prep: Print and laminate the pirate play dough mats.
To use: We used our gold nuggets (you can also use small coins) to count out the number in our treasure chest and then again in the ten-frames at the bottom of the mat.
You can spell out the number word with your child and/or have them trace the letters with their finger.
Then create the numeral with play dough, trace with their fingers or a dry erase crayon.
There are so many ways that you can use them!
join the newsletter & Get your free activity
Get Your Free Printable Pirate Counting Mats 1-10 Here!
Already a subscriber? No worries. Just enter your email here to have the activity sent directly to your inbox.
More Activities You’ll Love:
And in honor of International Talk Like Pirate Day, I’ve teamed up with a great group of bloggers to bring you some very Pirate-y activities!
- Backyard Pirate Treasure Hunt (Map)
- Set Sail with this DIY Pirate Boat
- Pirates Love Underpants Sensory Bin
- Pirate Science: Fool’s Gold, Parrots and Shipwrecks!
- Treasure Chest Craft
- How Did Pirates Navigate? How to Read a Map
- Pirate Sensory Bin
- Pirate Preschool Printable
- How to Make Some Great Pirate Flags
- Perfect Parrot Masks for Pirate Day Fun
- Pirate Perler Bead Patterns
- Going on a Pirate Treasure Hunt
- Pirate Treasure Math Printables
- Create a FLOATING Pirate Ship!
- Hidden Treasure Cupcakes
- Non Scary Pirate Books and Movies
- Fizzing Pirate Treasure Adventure