I know how much you all love play dough counting mats, so I have a new set for you (and three more coming out in the next week!). These free pirate play dough mats for numbers 1-10 are an excellent way to practice numeracy with your preschoolers and kindergarteners. With numerals, number words, ten-frame and a counting space, there are lots of ways to differentiate for all of your learners. They are great for your little ones to use while your ‘big’ kids are playing the pirate rounding game I shared a couple weeks ago.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Materials needed for the Free Pirate Play Dough Mats for Numbers 1-10:
To prep: Print and laminate the pirate play dough mats.
To use: We used our gold nuggets to count out the number in our treasure chest and then again in the ten-frames at the bottom of the mat.
You can spell out the number word with your child and/or have them trace the letters with their finger.
Then create the numeral with play dough, trace with their fingers or a dry erase crayon.
There are so many ways that you can use them!
Our Favorite Beach and Ocean Theme Books:
We can’t live without these!
Once your child’s creativity is sparked with this fun activity, take it a step further with these engaging resources:
Flip Flap Wiggle: A Hatchling’s Journey From Sand to SeaHow to Catch a MermaidPop-up Peekaboo: Under the SeaSwimmyBiscuit’s First Beach DayDuck & Goose Go to the BeachWhere the Ocean Meets the SandPete the Cat and His Magic SunglassesPete the Cat: Pete at the Beach (My First I Can Read)The Berenstain Bears Go on Vacation
And in honor of International Talk Like Pirate Day, I’ve teamed up with a great group of bloggers to bring you some very Pirate-y activities!
- Backyard Pirate Treasure Hunt (Map) – Umbrella Tree Cafe
- Toilet paper roll pirates – Just Another Mom
- Set Sail with this DIY Pirate Boat – The Resourceful Mama
- Pirates Love Underpants Sensory Bin – Adventures of Adam
- Pirate Science: Fool’s Gold, Parrots and Shipwrecks! – Share it! Science News
- Pirate Books for Kids of All Ages – Superheroes and Teacups
- Treasure Chest Craft – Messy Little Monster
- How Did Pirates Navigate? How to Read a Map – Schooling a Monkey
- Pirate Sensory Bin – Life with Moore Babies
- Pirate Preschool Printable – Living Life and Learning
- How to Make Some Great Pirate Flags – Witty Hoots
- Perfect Parrot Masks for Pirate Day Fun – Peakle Pie
- Pirate Perler Bead Patterns – Brain Power Boy
- Going on a Pirate Treasure Hunt – Play & Learn Everyday
- Pirate Treasure Math Printables – Kidz Activities
- Create a FLOATING Pirate Ship! – Milk and Cuddles
- Hidden Treasure Cupcakes – Emmy’s Mummy
- Non Scary Pirate Books and Movies – Edventures with Kids
- Fizzing Pirate Treasure Adventure – Preschool Powol Packets