This Life Cycle Sequencing Card Game, or War Card Game is all about the Sunflower Life Cycle. This is perfect for practicing sequencing and learning the sunflower life cycle with a unique, fun game! This set includes playing cards with 8 sequential stages of the sunflower life cycle, also labeled with ordinal numbers to ease confusion.
This is played like a traditional card game of “War”, except instead of using numbers, student will use the stages of the sunflower life cycle. The furthest stage in the sequence wins the cards.
For example: germinate beats seed/ flower beats sprout.
- For non-readers: print 4 copies of only the picture cards
- For readers: print 2 copies of both the picture and word cards
- Use as a Memory Match game
- Use as a “Go Fish” game by printing two copies of each card
- Use as an independent matching center
- Divide cards evenly among two players.
- Place cards face down in a stack
- Players each turn over one card at the same time
- Player with the word that has the card with the furthest stage in the sunflower life cycle takes both cards and adds them to the bottom of their pile
- In case of tie, each player lays down three cards face down and then turns the third card. Furthest stage wins all the cards.
- Play continues as time allows or one player runs out of cards.
This is an absolutely perfect game for classroom centers, partner work in the classroom, or even at home!
I suggest printing on a thick paper like card stock so that the images or words can not be seen on the opposite side.