We love our play dough mats! This set is our newest & I’m excited to share them with you! Like our pirate play dough mats for counting, these don’t have to be used with only play dough (but they can be). Adding sunflower seeds as counting manipulatives makes these free sunflower play dough mats for counting to 10 fresh and exciting!
Materials needed for the Free Sunflower Play Dough Mats for Numbers 1-10:
To prep: Print and laminate the pirate play dough mats.
To use: We used the sunflower seeds to count out the number on the sunflower and then again in the ten-frames at the bottom of the mat.
You can spell out the number word with your child and/or have them trace the letters with their finger.
Then create the numeral with play dough, trace with their fingers or a dry erase crayon.
There are so many ways that you can use them!
Here are some other play dough/counting mats that you might enjoy:
- Play Dough Tree Counting Mats 1-10
- Play Dough Tree Counting Mats 1-10 in Spanish
- Fall Candy Jar Counting Mats 1-10
- Fall Candy Jar Counting Mats 11-20
- Christmas Tree Ornament Counting Mats 1-10
- Valentines Day Counting Mats 1-10
- Valentines Day Counting Mats 11-20
- Cookie Counting Mats 1-10
From left to right:
- Fall Leaves In and Out Activity // Still Playing School
- Pumpkin Alphabet Puzzles // Modern Preschool
- Fall Leaves Quiet Book // Teach My Mommy
- Pumpkin Count and Clip Cards // Playdough to Plato
- Apple Fine Motor Play // Adventures of Adam
- Free Pumpkin Colors Booklet // Stay At Home Educator
- Fall Nature I Spy Bottle // Mama. Papa. Bubba.
- Fall Alphabet // Preschool Inspirations
- Fine Motor Spider // Coffee Cups and Crayons
- Free Pumpkin Number Mats // The Kindergarten Connection
- Fall Playdough Busy Bag // Frogs Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
- Counting with Acorns // Play and Learn Everyday