15 Sets of cards comparing values of coins and center instructions for six coin card games! Any set of cards can be used for any of the games. Change the sets of cards as your students increase in their money skills.
Materials needed for the Coin Card Games:
Scrapbook paper | Laminating Pouches| Laminator
I recommend printing on scrapbook paper so the students are not able to see through the cards.
Coin Card Games: Compares up to two coin values
- Set 1: Pennies
- Set 2: Nickels
- Set 3: Dimes
- Set 4: Quarters
- Set 5: Pennies and Nickels
- Set 6: Pennies and Dimes
- Set 7: Pennies and Quarters
- Set 8: Quarters and Nickels
- Set 9: Quarters and Dimes
- Set 10: Dimes and Nickels
- Set 11: Dimes and Nickels (interchanged for tens, example: $0.20=one dime and two nickels)
- Set 12: Nickels and Pennies (interchanged for $0.05, example: $0.10=one nickel and five pennies)
- Set 13: Nickels and Quarters (interchanged for $0.25, example: $0.50=one quarter and five nickels
- Set 14: Dimes and Pennies (using pennies for $0.05 or more) example: $0.15=one dime and five pennies)
- Set 15: Quarters and Pennies (using pennies for $0.05 or more) example: $0.35=one quarter and ten pennies
Center instructions are included for the following coin card games:
- Addition War
- Subtraction War
- Go Fish!
Instructions are also included on how to make a deck of cards for each game. Lots of differentiation possibilities!
Teacher Instructions: Print on card stock and/or laminate the cards. (Card stock is recommended because some children will try to see through the cards.) Laminating might be prohibitive due to the number of cards needed to create multiple decks/multiple games, but it is highly recommended to make the cards last many years. If you cannot laminate, card stock is a MUST! Each set of cards is marked and has a different style for easy sorting.
**Here is an example of the Slap-It! Directions:
Instructions: Needs one set of cards for CENTER pile Use 2-4 copies of one set of cards for PLAYING cards or 2-4 sets of different cards for PLAYING cards
To play: 2-4 players Place the CENTER cards face down in a pile.
- Deal the PLAYING cards equally among players.
- Place them face down in a pile in front of each player.
- Decide the first player.
- Flip over one of the CENTER cards.
- In clockwise order players flip one card at a time.
- When a PLAYING card is flipped that matches the CENTER card: SLAP-IT! The first player to slap the card takes the center pile of cards that have been played and adds them to the bottom of their own pile.
- Flip another CENTER card and continue playing.
- Game is finished when time is up or one player has all the PLAYING cards.