Integrating your science studies about the butterfly life cycle into your literacy and math time will be easy with this mega pack of butterfly activities for kindergarten and first grade. Over 90 pages of activities for kids!
Materials for the Butterfly Activities for Kindergarten & 1st Grade
Paper | Laminating Pouches | Laminator | Paper Cutter | Scissors
- The pack is separated into two sections for ease of printing: centers/printables.
- Each activity includes a detailed teacher instruction/suggestion page.
- Some materials, such as the posters, can be used for several activities such as flash cards, write the room and more. You can either print the materials multiple times or use the pieces at different times for the various activities. I did not duplicate the multi-use pages in order to save on file size.
- Most centers include assessment sheets for students to demonstrate their understanding of each activity.
Contents of Butterfly Activities for Kindergarten & 1st Grade Pack
- Butterfly Terminology Posters/Write & Draw the room
- Butterfly Sorting Mats
- Butterfly Pattern Mats (use the pattern pieces from the sorting mats) AB, AABB, ABC, ABBA patterns
- Word/Picture Puzzles for butterfly terminology
- Butterfly Addition Clip-Cards for adding up to 10
- Butterfly Ten-frame Number Recognition Puzzles for numbers up to 20
- Butterfly Missing Number Cards for numbers 1-20
- Butterfly Words Noun/Verb Sort
- Prepositional Sentence Match-Up Students will match a card with a simple, picture-supported sentence to a card that illustrates the sentence.
- Prepositional Sentence Sort and Match-Up (differentiated option) A higher-level option of the above match-up. Students will need to first sort the sentences, put them in the correct
- Write the subtraction problem for subtracting within 10
- Color by Number
- Counting with butterflies mini-book
- Know, Want to Know, Learn graphic organizer
- Venn Diagram for comparing butterflies and moths.
- Venn Diagram for comparing butterflies and caterpillars
- Graphic organizer to list verbs that apply to butterflies
- Graphic organizer to list adjectives that apply to butterflies
- Write a sentence about a butterfly and draw a picture.
- Cut out the words and arrange them in proper sentence order.
- Word Find
- Cut and Paste Life-Cycle
- Interactive notebook pages for the life-cycle of a butterfly