An electricity and magnets card game that your students will love! Vocabulary review has never been so fun! Students will match vocabulary, definition and picture cards to better understand the terminology used in the study of electricity and magnets. Each word matches one or more definition cards to help students understand various aspects of the definition. Includes: standard definition, use of the word in a defining sentence and pictures.
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR THE COLOR RECOGNITION CARD GAMES:
Card Stock or Scrapbook Paper | Laminating Pouches | Laminator
I like to use card stock so that the pictures & words can not be seen through the back of the card. Laminating will help extend the life of the game.
How to play Electricity and Magnets Slap It! Card Game:
(Played just like Slap Jack, but there is a control pile in the center that tells you which cards to Slap!)
- Place the CENTER cards face down in a pile. (You can choose any set of cards for the CENTER.)
- Deal the PLAYING cards equally among players. Place them face down in a pile in front of each player.
- Decide the first player.
- Flip over one of the CENTER cards.
- In clockwise order players flip one card at a time. When a PLAYING card is flipped that matches the CENTER card: SLAP-IT!
- The first player to slap the card takes the center pile of cards that have been played and adds them to the bottom of their own pile.
- Flip another CENTER card and continue playing.
- Game is finished when time is up or one player has all the PLAYING cards.
Your students will be asking you for more opportunities to review after playing this! It’s great for small group time!