Whether you are just beginning to teach multiplication or are reviewing, this set is a great way for students to build fluency with their multiplication facts. Partners will work together to learn their multiplication facts in 15 levels of games.
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR THE MULTIPLICATION
WAR CARD GAMES:
Card Stock or Scrapbook Paper | Laminating Pouches | Laminator
This set includes: 15 Unique sets of cards with varying skill levels. 1 set for each group of multiplication facts 1-12 (Game can be modified to play without 11 & 12 simply by removing those cards. It does not affect the game.)
3 mixed sets multiplication facts for more challenging practice.
Print 2 copies of each set to make a deck. Use card stock or laminate for durability.
The game is played as a traditional game of “War”:
- Divide cards evenly among two players.
- Place cards face down in a stack
- Players each turn over one card at the same time
- Player with the word that has the highest value takes both cards and adds them to the bottom of their pile
- In case of tie, each player lays down three cards face down and then turns the third card. Highest value wins all the cards.
- Play continues as time allows or one player runs out of cards
These are great games for partners or centers!
GET THE MULTIPLICATION ‘WAR’ CARD GAMES: