Learning about the ocean is so fun for preschoolers! But for many it is an abstract thought because they’ve never actually seen an ocean and even if they have, they really don’t understand how vast and amazing they are. This ocean I Spy counting printable for preschoolers is a fun way to encourage kids to explore the ocean as much as they can!
To prep: Print the Ocean I Spy Counting printable found below. If you would like to use it with more than one child, I highly recommend laminating it and using a dry erase marker or crayon instead.
To use: Have the child count the ocean animals and write the number next to the correct animal on the recording page.
This really is such a simple activity and it’s a fun way to introduce kids to new words like whale, crab, puffer fish, seahorse and more.
Other great ways to learn about the ocean;
A local aquarium- We’ve been to several in our travels and each has been unique and wonderful!
join the newsletter & Get your free activity
Enter your email to
get your activity now!
Already a subscriber? No worries. Just enter your email here to have the activity sent directly to your inbox.
30+ more Ocean Activities for you to enjoy!!
- There’s a Shark in the Sea Beginning Sounds Song
- Alphabet Ocean Sensory Bin
- Collaborative Ocean Art Project for Kids
- Ocean Animal Tangram Cards
- Ocean Play Dough Invitation to Play and Learn
- Play Sand – Ocean Play
- Story Telling Sea Shells
- Alphabet Fun with Seashells
- Paper Plate Shell Craft
- Sea Turtle Life Cycles
- Find the Hidden Numbers Ocean Clip Cards
- Fishbowl Counting Mats and Fishy Letters
- Host an Ocean Theme Playdate
- Sea Turtle Life Cycle and Sensory Bag
- Super Simple Ocean Sensory Bin
- Message in a Bottle Craft
- Spin Art Fish
- Ocean Animal Busy Bag
- Painted Shells Art Project
- Top 10 Ocean and Beach Theme Activities
- Under the Sea Painting with Pout Pout Fish
- Commotion in the Ocean Book and Activity
- I’m the Biggest Thing in the Ocean Story Book and Activity
- A House For Hermit Crab Activities
- Make Rainbow Sea Shells
- DIY Mermaid Tiara to Make and Wear
- Hunting for Sharks Teeth with Kids
- Water Color and Salt Coral Reef