This beginning sounds activity pack is full of great ways to build phonemic awareness! Students will practice beginning sound recognition with puzzles, matching, card games, play dough mats sorting mats! A great addition to your word work activities.
Materials for the Beginning Sounds Activity Pack:
Paper | Card Stock | Laminating Pouches | Laminator | Paper Cutter | Scissors
I recommend printing on card stock and/or laminating these pages for durability. An alternative is to put the play dough pages and matching pages in page protectors, so that they are reusable.
For the letter X, in some activities the ending sound X is used instead of the beginning sound to provide additional opportunities to practice the sound.
Table of Contents for Beginning Sounds Activity Pack:
- BINGO Games- class sets
- Beginning Sound Sorting Mats
- 3-piece Beginning Sound Puzzles
- 2-Piece Beginning Sound Puzzles
- Uppercase/Lowercase Puzzles
- Beginning Sound Clip Cards
- Beginning Sound Matching Mats
- Match It! a concentration game
- Play Dough Mats
- 5-Piece Line-Up Puzzles