Practice sequencing and learn the butterfly life cycle with a unique, fun game! Includes playing cards with 8 sequential stages of the butterfly life cycle, also labeled with ordinal numbers to ease confusion. Use them as a “War” game or as a matching game.
Two variations of the word cards and poster are included to account for variations of terminology for chrysalis/pupa and larva/caterpillar.
This is played like a traditional game of “War”, except instead of using numbers, student will use the stages of the butterfly life cycle. The furthest stage in the sequence wins the cards.
For example: a chrysalis (pupa) beats an egg/ butterfly beats chrysalis (pupa).
- For non-readers: print 4 copies of only the picture cards
- For readers: print 2 copies of both the picture and word cards
- Use as a “Go Fish” game by printing two copies of each card
- Use as an independent matching center
- Divide cards evenly among two players.
- Place cards face down in a stack.
- Players each turn over one card at the same time.
- Player with the word that has the card with the furthest stage in the butterfly life cycle takes both cards and adds them to the bottom of their pile.
- In case of tie, each player lays down three cards face down and then turns the third card. Furthest stage wins all the cards.
- Play continues as time allows or one player runs out of cards.
Great partner center!!