May the 4th be with you!! I’ll be totally honest with you. I’m not a Star Wars fan. I’m not a huge movie fan in general, but I’ve just never been able to get into Star Wars. BUT I am very much in the minority in my family, as everyone else loves Star Wars in one capacity or another. So to celebrate May the 4th, I made my kids a Star Wars printable for pretend play.
Materials needed for the Free Star Wars Printable for Pretend Play:
Simply print the Star Wars Printable, laminate and cut out the pieces and you are ready for play!
Today, my kids chose to play in our sensory bin, but these could also very easily be used in play dough like we have done with several of our other printables for pretend play.
What I love most about activities like this is that I can just let the kids go free with their imaginations and they will work on teaching each other new skills.
Like today, they taught Shiloh how to say “Darth Vader”…lol! A very essential skill, indeed!
It’s also great for cooperative play and role playing. Shiloh’s first response to the light sabers was “hiyaa!” She may have watched too many of the Clone Wars…
This was one activity that all four of my kids enjoyed and were willing to put aside fighting for 5 seconds and play together. I will take what I can get!
I joined in with a bunch of other great bloggers today to bring you some super fun activities to celebrate your love of Star Wars! Enjoy!
- Star Wars Tatooine Desert Sensory Bin– Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
- Star Wars Family Fun for May 4th – Mama Smiles
- Star Wars kids’ embroidery: Yoda quote – Hodge Podge Craft
- Star Wars R2-D2 Craft for Kids – Mom Inspired Life
- Light Saber Fine Motor Activity – Something 2 Offer
- Make Your Own Star Wars Landscape – Planet Smarty Pants
- Yoda Puppet Star Wars Craft – Coffee Cups and Crayons
- Make a Toilet Paper Roll Yoda – Kitchen Counter Chronicles
- Crayon Resist Death Star – Fun-A-Day!
- Star Wars Moon Dough – In The Playroom
- Light Up May the Fourth Be With You Cards – Left Brain Craft Brain
- Star Wars Perler Bead Pattern R2-D2 – Brain Power Boy
- LEGO Star Wars Putty – The Pleasantest Thing
- Lego Light Saber Glow in the Dark Slime – Little Bins for Little Hands
- Star Wars Printable Word Cloud Worksheets – Lalymom