We’re having some fun with scarecrows today! The 2nd Grade Blogging Team has prepared a great set of scarecrow themed activities to you to use this fall. Be sure to check them all out at the end of this post. To get you started, I have a free scarecrow expanded form memory game to share with you. It’s so easy to put together and you can have a new math activity in minutes!
Materials needed for the Expanded Form Memory Game:
2 Pieces of Laminating pouches
More Fall Learning Fun: Fall Leaves Tangram Activity
Tip: If you do not have 8.5″x11″ scrapbook paper, you can trim down a 12″x12″ paper to meet your printing needs. I find that the most economical way to get Laminating pouches and have the widest variety of styles.
To prep: Print the expanded form memory game on the white side of the scrapbook paper, laminate and cut apart the cards.
To play: In case you haven’t played Memory before, you turn over two cards at the same time. If they match, you get to keep them and turn over another set of trees to try again.
If they don’t match you turn them back over and it becomes the next person’s turn. Play continues until the cards have all been matched.
There are 2 sets of 6 pairs, so you can mix the sets together and have a big game or you can keep them as two separate games depending on the attention span and concentration of your learners.
More Fall Learning Fun: Fall Leaf Graphing Free Printable
Check out the other great Scarecrow-Themed ideas from the 2nd Grade Blogging Team:
- Scarecrow Syllables for Second Grade from Look! We’re Learning!
- Make a Scarecrow Literacy Game from Planet Smarty Pants
- Scarecrow Measures from Crafty Kids at Home
- Scarecrow Silhouette Art Project from School Time Snippets
- Scarecrow Compound Word Match Game from Creative Family Fun
- Scarecrow Place Value Math from Sugar Aunts
- Scarecrow Craft with Landscape from Sallie Borrink Learning