Slime is a beautiful thing! Add pink glitter glue and heart buttons and you’ve got a “valen slime” winner! Homemade slime is a fun valentine activity for kids. Use it as a science activity (mixtures), a math lesson (measurements), or just some good old fashioned gooey, sensory fun!
The Homemade Valentines Day Slime Recipe for Kids will be an instant hit with all ages. Mix up this batch of slime with just a few slime supplies, including baking soda, Elmer’s glue and contact solution. Make it with your child or class to enhance the experience, or make it on your own and give to them for a glittery surprise.
Homemade Slime Recipes
Sure, we can run to the local dollar mart and grab some slime that would likely keep a child engaged for quite some time.
But, making your own glitter slime is magical! It’s a very engaging way to spend time with children while covering a lot of educational ground.
And when your valentine slime recipe is complete, it’s the craft that keeps on giving! Children will be engaged with the slime for days to come.
You can use the valentines day slime as gifts for that special day, or incorporate important skills for your little ones by pressing letters, numbers, or shapes into the slime.
Slime can also be a stress-reliever for children. It gives them something to focus on when they feel frustrated or angry about something. It teaches a really healthy way to wind down or work through strong emotions.
How to Make the Valentine Slime DIY Recipe
There are lots of slime recipes out there! Some require borax powder or liquid starch, which we don’t always have on hand. While this recipe is clearly not edible, it calls for basic ingredients.
Head to the craft supply store for those heart shaped buttons and you’re ready to go!
½ Tbsp. baking soda
1 Tbsp. contact lens solution (use ¼ Tbsp. more if needed)
1 6oz. Bottle of Elmer’s pink glitter glue
Heart buttons (purchased at Walmart in the fabric section)
Spoon for stirring
Plastic container with lid
- Pour the glue into the mixing bowl.
2. Add the baking soda. Mix well with the spoon.
3. Add the contact lens solution. Stir until slime forms.
4. Continue kneading the slime until you get the desired consistency. Add ¼ Tbsp. contact solution if needed.
5. Use a plastic mat for play time. Add the heart buttons.
6. Store in a sealed plastic container.
More Slime Valentine Ideas
Really you can celebrate any season or holiday with some festive slime. More valentine ideas include:
- Add heart confetti instead of buttons.
- Use other colors of glitter glue instead of only pink.
- Place the slime in baggies and attach a heartfelt message to give as valentines.
- Add a drop or two of your favorite essential oil to make scented valen-slime!
- Turn a small jar filled with pink glitter slime into a “love bug” with some eyes, chenille stem antennae, and felt feet.
More Activities For Preschoolers For Valentine’s Day: