Sometimes a holiday meant to celebrate “loooooove” becomes another chore on the “uuuuuugh” to-do list. You don’t have time to bake heart-shaped cookies, frost them, sprinkle them, wrap them, AND attach a heartfelt message to each. It’s OKAY!
Printable Goldfish Valentine Cards for Kids give you all the ease you require, BUT they present way better than those cartoon-themed store bought kids valentines cards we’ve all reached for in a pinch.
The cute kids printable valentine card is SO easy to prep (just print). It also comes with a “punny” note to personalize, making it an ideal classroom valentine. Attach the cards to the crackers and you’re done! Not to mention you can feel good about providing a healthier snack in the midst of all the other sugary treats that will undoubtedly be distributed.
No Stress Treats are the Best
If you made a list of yearly events, parties, and gifts you’re responsible for year after year, you might be surprised at how much you do!
We do these things for our kids, families, and classrooms because we want to. However, when you find all the preparing, planning, and spending becomes something stressful, it’s time to take a step back.
No one expects you to do these amazing things. It’s great when you do, but sometimes easy, stress-free treats are the way to go. Because you’re human.
So enjoy this easy kids valentine card while thinking of it as a valentine gift of love to yourself.
How to Make the Valentine’s Day Goldfish Cracker Idea for Kids
You can literally throw this free printable valentine together in minutes.
- Snack-sized Goldfish crackers (individually packaged)
- White card stock (regular weight paper works too)
- White curling ribbon, cut into 4-6 inch pieces
- Hole punch
Craftinova Advanced Handle Punch Single Hole Punch Rubber Handle Round Hole Print 1/4 inch for Classroom Office Greeting Card 2 Pack Purple Pink …Printworks White Cardstock, 67 lb, 92 Bright, FSC Certified, Perfect for School and Craft Projects, 8.5 x 11 Inch, 100 Sheets (00540)
- Print the Goldfish valentine printable below, then cut into individual Valentine’s Day cards.
- Match the top left corner of the card with the top left corner of the cracker package.
- Use a hole punch to punch a hole through the card and snack pack at the same time.
- Thread a piece of curling ribbon through the hold to secure the card idea to the crackers.
- Curl the ribbon with scissors.
- Fill in the “From:” line on the card (a perfect job for your child).
That’s it…Happy Valentine’s Day to you!
How to Adapt the Valentines with Goldfish Crackers
Homemade valentines are often the most enduring, so feel free to put your own personal touch to these easy treats.
Don’t have curling ribbon? Use twine, yarn, or a twisty tie.
Add the name of the recipient to the fish printable.
If you are a participant in Amazon Prime, you can get the goldfish crackers for valentines delivered to your front door!
More Valentine’s Activities You Will Love!