One of my favorite parts of going into our local agricultural store is when they chicks corralled in a container, inside the store. Their adorable little ‘peeps’ and fuzzy, yellow heads melt my heart. These little peeps remind me that spring is knocking on the door and baby animals are being born.
A perfectly adorable way to celebrate spring (and fine motor skills) is to create an easy chick paper plate craft. Crafts with paper plates are one of my favorites because not only are they an easy art project, but they are super cheap as well. Whether you are working with toddlers and preschoolers, or some early elementary students, this paper plate chick is sure to get your kiddos ‘peeping’!
Making Art With Paper Plates”
paper plate crafts for kids
WHEN CHILDREN CREATE CRAFTS THEY ARE PRACTICING SKILLS IN DIFFERENT DEVELOPMENT AREAS. STUDENTS CAN ANSWER QUESTIONS LIKE:
- What materials can I use to make the paper plate chick craft?
- What other animals and plants can I find in the spring?
- What other animals can I make using easy paper plates, pom poms, and tissue paper?
It’s important for children to be creative and use their tiny fingers for cutting, gluing, painting, and coloring. Our paper plate craft for spring can also be the perfect addition to Easter decorations and festivities.
Children can create the paper plate chicks for Easter anytime throughout the day:
- When snack is being made
- After a spring book read aloud
- When it starts to rain
- Outside enjoying the warm sun
What Can Preschoolers Learn By Making The Easter Chick Paper Plate Craft ?
Paper plate crafts for preschoolers
STUDENTS THAT WORK ON CRAFTS AND ART PROJECTS GET TO EXPERIENCE DIFFERENT DEVELOPMENT AREAS SUCH AS:
- Fine motor
- Problem solving
- Math concepts
- Science exploration
- Social/emotional skills
Why Is It Important For Kids To Do Art?
Besides the fact that kids love arts and crafts projects, there are so many other reasons you should do art and craft activities with your child.
How To Use This Easy Paper Plate Craft
How to Use the Spring Craft Activity
- Paint the paper plate yellow. Set aside to dry.
- Glue the googly eyes onto the paper plate.
- Cut out a beak and glue the beak under the eyes.
- Cut out two feet and glue to the back of the paper plate at the bottom.
- Glue down the feathers at the top of the chicks head and on the sides to represent the wings.
- Set aside to dry, then display!