Do you have little ones that just love bugs??? My kids do! Well, anything except those pesky spiders… Get the kids to moving with this fun insect gross motor activity! Can they flap like a butterfly? Crawl like a caterpillar? This great indoor movement activity is a wonderful way to work out the wiggles and extra energy that kids seem to bottle up when they are stuck inside.
Materials needed for the Move Like an Insect Gross Motor Activity:
To prep: Print out the body gross motor dice. Cut out the dice and then fold on the dotted lines to form a cube. Tape the edges to hold the cubes together.
Shiloh is back to cheating with her dice. She loves to turn the dice in her hands and inspect the pictures to decide which side she wants to land facing up. Then she sets it on the floor.
Since these lightweight cubes need a good toss in the air to do some flipping, Shiloh was thrilled to throw her dice up and watch them fall when she wasn’t cheating…
She can’t read yet, so the pictures were very helpful for her. She loved to point at each picture while she played.
And she really loved doing the movements!
Need more indoor activities to keep the kids busy? Check these out!
- Great Day for Up Reading Game from Growing Book by Book
- Beginning Sound Movement Game from Mom Inspired Life
- Beginning Letter Sounds Tunnel Gross Motor Game from Capri +3
- Walkin’ In The Jungle Gross Motor and Sequencing for Preschool! from The Preschool Toolbox
- Bug Shapes (Bugs Fun Kids Math Games) from Learning 2 Walk
- UNO Movement Game for Kids from Still Playing School