Does anyone out there actually eat conversation hearts??!! I know I don’t. But somehow they have become an intrinsic part of our Valentine’s Day celebrations. It’s almost like fruitcake at Christmas! You buy them, you give them away, but I don’t know anyone who actually eats them. So, when you get those conversation hearts that you aren’t actually going to eat, you can do this activity instead! These free printable conversation heart counting cards for 1-10 are a fun way to practice counting!
Tools you’ll need
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
To prep: Print and laminate the conversation heart counting cards (download below).
To use: Have your child cover the pictures of the hearts on the counting cards with the correct number of conversation heart candies.
These cards are perfect to new learners who are not ready for independent counting. The kids simply cover each conversation heart picture on the card as they are counting. That way they know when to stop for each number.
Our Favorite Valentine Books:
We can’t live without these!
Once your child’s creativity is sparked with this fun activity, take it a step further with these engaging resources:
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Easy Product Displays Products here
There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Rose!Love MonsterThe Berenstain Bears’ Valentine Blessings (Berenstain Bears/Living Lights: A Faith Story)Pete the Cat: Valentine’s Day Is CoolAmelia Bedelia’s First ValentineLittle Blue Truck’s ValentineLlama Llama I Love YouDay It Rained HeartsThe Biggest Valentine EverSplat the Cat: Funny Valentine
join the newsletter & Get your free activity
Enter your email to
get your activity now!
Already a subscriber? No worries. Just enter your email here to have the activity sent directly to your inbox.
More fun Valentine’s Day activities!!
- Printable Valentine’s Day Dice Games // Fun-A-Day
- FREE Number Bingo // The STEM Laboratory
- Pre-Writing Alphabet Practice with Conversation Hearts // Preschool Inspirations
- Heart Match Up Activity // Frogs, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
- Counting Roses // Best Toys 4 Toddlers
- Counting Heart Cake Toppers // Adventures of Adam
- Magic Heart Sight Words // Playdough to Plato
- Simple Suspended Conversation Heart Discovery Bottle // Lemon Lime Adventures
- Valentine Math: Portable Ten Frame with Hearts // Lalymom
- Free Valentine’s Day Addition Memory Game // My Creative Inclusion
- Hearts Pom Pom Game // Teach Me Mommy
- Color Sorting Hearts // Modern Preschool