We have been in full Valentine mode at our house the last couple weeks. The thing that I love about Valentine’s day is that it just inspires so much creativity in my kids! Everything is fun if it’s “Valentine’s”. So even my reluctant reader was happy when I got her some new Valentine’s Day books this week! Today I’m sharing some of the books that we love for Valentine’s Day, so that you can inspire your little readers over the next few weeks!
These books are great for giggles, cuddles, hugs & kisses! Since my 1st grader, Jaida, is not very fond of reading, sharing some of these super fun books with her as read-alouds makes for a good, non-stressful way to expose her to some quality reading material that makes her more curious about reading in general. In fact, since we’ve been doing some Valentine’s Day reading and learning activities she has gotten very inspired to start reading and writing on her own time. She is constantly asking me to help her spell things so that she can write them correctly (total perfectionist!) So I can totally vouch for the fun-value of these books!
25 Valentine’s Day Books
- Llama, Llama, I Love You: 045146981X
- I Love You: Disney Small World: 1423165713
- We Belong Together: 0545307406
- A Kiss Like This: 9780763661823
- Lilly’s Chocolate Heart: 0060560665
- Junie B. My Valentime: 0385373023
- Nancy Drew: Valentine’s Day Secret: 1416949445
- Mama Do You Love Me? 0811821315
- I Love You Through and Through: 0439673631
- Guess How Much I Love You? 0763642649
- Olivia and the Perfect Valentine: 1442484845
- Splat the Cat Funny Valentine: 978006197862
- Pinkalicious Pink of Hearts: 0061989231
- Happy Valentine’s Day Curious George: 0547131070
- Fancy Nancy Heart to Heart: 0061235962
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Minnie’s Valentine: B00POEXN3S
- Arthur’s Great Big Valentine (I Can Read): 0064441490
- I Love You Snugglesaurus! 0316255181
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Rose! 0545352231
For some more Valentine’s Day fun be sure to check out these fun activities!