Get your class engaged with these hands-on base ten manipulatives with a fun chicken life cycle theme for learning about place value for the hundreds, ten, and ones (units) places.
Tools you’ll need
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This resource has identical content to my Plant Base-Ten Activities and my Butterfly Base-Ten Activities. The only difference is the theme. The Butterfly Base-Ten Activities also includes numbers to the thousands place.
Two levels of Base Ten Manipulatives Chicken Life Cycle are included:
Ten & Ones (units) Hundreds, Tens and & Ones (units) This resource can be used as a whole-class activity or a center activity. Students will draw one card from each container: hundreds, tens, and ones (or tens and ones alone, depending on the level you are teaching) and demonstrate the number with the farm-themed base-ten blocks.
Get a full-year of math activities
A full-year of kindergarten math activities: perfect for small groups, partner activities and independent centers.
For added fun, you can do this on a “sticky wall” which is simply contact paper taped to the wall with the sticky side facing out. Otherwise, you can simply do this on a table or the floor.
There are 32 cards for each level of learning. (For the hundreds a set of 8 cards are included for numbers like 100, 200, 300, so that students can visualize these numbers.) This resource can be used as a whole-class activity or a center activity.
Included in the Chicken Life Cycle Manipulatives:
- Pages 5-6: Fun crowns
- Page 7: Base-ten blocks for teaching tens and ones
- Page 8: Container labels for Place-value for tens and ones only
- Page 9: Base-ten blocks for teaching hundreds, tens and ones (You will need 9 copies of this page.)
- Page 10: Container labels for place-value numbers for hundreds, tens and ones
- Pages 11-13: Place value numbers (If you are teaching only tens and ones, you will not need page 12.)
- Pages 14-16: Cards for use in centers or as an alternative to the place-value numbers. (for tens & ones only)
- Page 17: Recording sheet for tens & ones center
- Pages 18-20: Cards for use in centers or as an alternative to the place-value numbers. (for hundreds, tens & ones)
- Page 21: Recording sheets for hundreds, tens & ones center.
- Pages 22-23: Alternate container labels for curricula calling for hundreds, tens and units.