Are you working on graphing skills in your kindergarten math lesson plans? Meeting your graphing objectives for kindergarten becomes so easy with these interactive graphs for kindergarten. Pick a free kindergarten graphing set to include in your math centers today! With 20+ graphing ideas for kindergarten and preschool, you’ll have lots of ways to capture the attention of your kiddos!
- Superhero Theme Graphing Activities for Preschool
- Graphing Rainbow Bears Color Matching Activity for Preschool
- Shoes Color Graph for Kindergarten to accompany Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes
Why is Graphing Important for Preschoolers and Kindergarteners?
Graphs are very important tools in science and math. They can help you visualize a set of data.
For young children that might mean:
- Analyzing favorite colors of all their classmates
- What picture is rolled most often on a die
- Answer questions like “What is your favorite ____?”, “Would you rather ____? or “Do you have ____?”
Analyzing data like that helps preschoolers and kindergarteners make sense of the information (data) that they know. Teaching graphing in preschool and kindergarten sets them up to understand science and to organize data in the world around them.
With a graph, kids can actually see what all the numbers in a data table mean. Three commonly used types of graphs are bar graphs, circle graphs, and line graphs.
With these simple activities, young children will love using toy cars and learning about insects to practice graphing skills.
Winter Graphing Activities fro Kindergarten
Grab one of these engaging sets of winter graphing worksheets for kindergarten. Choose from dice games, print and go kindergarten graphing worksheets and answer questions for a whole class activity with picture graphs.