Fall is the perfect opportunity to take advantage of the beautiful weather and count. Pumpkins, leaves, acorns, scarecrows– my kids love counting it all! After you are done a fun nature counting walk outside, these Free Pumpkin Number Posters for Preschool are a great way to continue working on numbers indoors!
These pumpkin themed counting posters are the perfect way to build number sense and practice the skill of subitizing (being able to identify the number of objects without individually counting them).
How To Use These Counting Pumpkins Preschool Posters:
This is supposed to be the place where I elaborate on how to prepare the number posters, how to display the posters, how to use the posters to practice counting pumpkins….
I think that with this fun learning activity, it’s pretty self-explanatory.
Print, laminate, stick the posters to a wall. Simple.
Of course, you could also put the fun pumpkin posters on some book rings to make a super cute counting book for toddlers.
Then have fun counting the pumpkins in the book.
Ok, so I guess there were some things to say about how you can use the number posters….
Really though, I thought I would take a couple
minutes seconds (because we’re busy, right?) to share some of my favorite pumpkin preschool activities with you.
And some fun ways to use the number posters beyond hanging them on the wall.
Pumpkin Activities for Preschoolers
Easy Pumpkin Activities for Preschoolers
The best thing I ever did for our fall unit was to buy a huge back of fall themed foam stickers. We have used them for so many activities! This fall patterning activity is a hands on way to work on patterns with your preschoolers.
Pumpkin Counting Games for Preschoolers
Besides having a lot of fun counting with the pumpkin number posters you really can create some fun games with them. Perfect for your fall preschool themes and lesson plans.
Interactive Floor Games for Number Posters
- You can print one copy of the posters and tape them securely to the floor in a number line and have the kids hop down the number line while saying the numbers on the pumpkin counting posters.
- Or print a few copies of the posters and scatter them throughout your room. Make sure you secure them so that kids don’t slide on them during the counting game and break a tooth… Then, call out a number and have the kids run to find the correct number.
Create a “Live” Number Line with the Pumpkin Counting Posters
Print enough posters for each child to have one counting poster.
- Then, have the kids work together to put the numbers in the correct order. If you have more than 10 kids, simply have the kids with matching numbers stand together. They will each get the opportunity to count numbers on all the other number cards while figuring out where their number fits in the number line.
Play a Huge Number Matching Game with the Counting Posters
This one takes an extra five seconds of thinking. You need 2 sets of numbers. It doesn’t matter how many kids you have in your class, as long as each number has a pair.
- So if you have 20 kids, you print 2 copies of all 10 numbers.
- 16 kids- print two copies of 1-8.
- 10 kids- print two copies of 1-5.
Pass the posters out to the kids and then have them find their matching pair!
This is also a great way to pair kids up for partner activities!
Hands On Pumpkin Counting
Your favorite fall traditions can be a great time to get in a little extra hands on counting practice!
- Take a trip to the pumpkin patch to count pumpkins and pick out the perfect pumpkin to carve.
- Count the pumpkin seeds you scoop out of your pumpkin.
- Work on counting, addition, and fractions while baking a delicious pumpkin pie.
Combining Math and Literacy for Preschoolers
Night Night FarmThe Cow Said Neigh! (picture book): A Farm StorySheep in a Jeep (board book)World of Eric Carle, Around the Farm Little First Look and Find – PI KidsClick, Clack, Moo Cows That TypeTouch and Feel: Tractor