When I think of Fall I think of pumpkin. Making and eating delicious pumpkin pie, decorating with real and crafted pumpkins, taking adventures to the pumpkin patch and the smell of pumpkin filling up my home. It’s way more than just an orange vegetable (or is it a fruit?). That is why when Summer is on it’s way out and Fall is creeping in, I like to start our pumpkin unit study.
We always enjoy activities that incorporate pumpkin in some way. The resources below include books, hands on activities, free printables and more to help you create the best Pumpkin Unit Study! We have had fun with these and I hope you and your children will too.
Pumpkin Activities from Life Over C’s
Planning for Fall? We’ve done all the work for you!
We now have interactive thematic lesson plans for toddlers (18-35 months) AND preschoolers (3-5 years)! Get ready for fun and learning with unit lesson plans for FALL. Explore a variety of themed hands-on activities! Easy to follow lesson plans include activity modifications and adaptations to meet the needs of all learners. For more information, click on the graphics below:
We have had fun with these activities and printables, sometimes more than once! We hope that your family will get as much enjoyment and learning opportunities as we have.
Here are more of our favorite ideas from around the web.
Pumpkin Theme: Literacy
- Pumpkin Alphabet Clip from Childcareland
- Pumpkin Games from Nurture Store
- Beginning Sounds Pumpkin Puzzles from This Reading Mama
- The Alphabet Pumpkin from The Imagination Tree
Pumpkin Theme: Math
- How Many Seeds In A Pumpkin? from Math Maniac
- Pumpkin Math and Engineering Challenge from Fun-A-Day
- Free Pumpkin Number Mats from The Kindergarten Connection
- Free Pumpkin Number Match Center from Thank God It’s First Grade
- Pumpkin Seed Counting Book from Child Care Land
Pumpkin Theme: Science
- How To Make Pumpkin Slime With A Real Pumpkin from Little Bins for Little Hands
- Preschool Pumpkin Skin Experiment from Preschool Powol Packets
- Pumpkin Volcano Science Activity from The Resourceful Mama
Pumpkin Theme: Arts & Crafts
- Lego Stamped Pumpkin from Crafty Morning
- Simple Beaded Pipe Cleaner Pumpkins from Make and Takes
- Water Bottle Cap Pumpkin Stamping Craft from Crafty Morning
- Pumpkin Paper Plate Lacing Craft from Mum in the Mad House
- Curly Paper Pumpkin Craft from Meaningful Mama
- Rolled Paper Pumpkin Craft via One Creative Mommy
Pumpkin Theme: Sensory
- Pumpkin Boats Fall Sensory Play Idea from Frugal Fun 4 Boys and Girls
- Five Little Pumpkins Sensory Bin from I Heart Crafty Things
- Pumpkin Soup Sensory Play from The Golden Gleam
- How To Make Pumpkin Play Dough from Raising Little Superheroes
- Five Little Pumpkins Sensory Bottle from Modern Preschool
- Pumpkin Washing from Simple Fun For Kids
Pumpkin Theme: Just For Fun
- Hot Wheels Pumpkin Tunnel STEM Challenge from Little Bins for Little Hands
- Pumpkin Boat Sink or Float from Preschool Toolbox