When my kids were little, Easter egg hunts were a staple in the weeks heading into (and after) Easter! My kiddos LOVED searching the house for those plastic eggs. I didn’t even have to include anything inside. For them, it was the thrill of the seek. This preschool binocular craft would have been perfect to implement during one of our many (many, many) afternoon hunts. The Easy Easter Bunny Binocular Craft with Toilet Paper Rolls can be used during scavenger hunts of all kinds!
Learning About Easy Easter Crafts for Kids:
EASTER CRAFTS FOR PRESCHOOLERS
THESE DIY BINOCULARS WITH TOILET PAPER ROLLS ARE ADORABLE AND FUNCTIONAL. I LOVE WHEN A CRAFT BECOMES AN ACTIVITY TO REPEAT OVER AND OVER.
There are so many important ideas wrapped up in this one little craft! Recycling, Easter, observing, and recording!
After making the DIY binoculars, make sure to give your kids time to explore. Whether you go outside or stay inside, they will definitely want to try them out!
I like to allow free play first, but then I give them a mission! It might be a list of pictures/words to find out on the playground, or maybe just a set of painted Easter eggs hidden around the classroom.
In addition to learning how to make the DIY paper roll binoculars here are some ideas for extending the lesson:
- What do binoculars do for our eyes? Why/How?
- Who might use binoculars?
- What makes real binoculars help us see better?
- Do you see more/less when you look through the paper rolls?
What Can Preschoolers Learn From Cute Easter Crafts?
BUNNY CRAFTS AND MORE
Crafting helps preschoolers develop:
- Motor skills
Why Is It Important For Kids To Make Fun Easter Crafts?
Besides the fact that kids love crafts that later become toys, there are lots of benefits in doing arts and craft activities with your child.
How To Make Binoculars out of Toilet Paper Rolls
How to Make the Kids Easter Craft
- 2 toilet paper rolls/pair (or craft rolls)
- Construction paper
- Hole punch
- Bunny stickers
- Measure and cut the construction paper to fit the toilet paper roll and wrap the roll with the construction paper. Tape to secure the paper to the roll. Repeat this step for the second toilet paper roll.
- Put a strip of glue on the side of the toilet paper roll and secure it to the other toilet paper roll. Set aside to dry.
- Measure and cut ribbon that will fit around the set of binoculars. Attach the ribbon with glue. Set aside to dry.
- Add your choice of bunny stickers to the tops of the toilet paper rolls.
- At the opposite end of the ribbon, punch a hole on each side. Place yarn through the hole and tie in a knot. Bring it to the other side and secure to create a strap.
- Use the toilet paper roll binoculars for pretend play!
Change the Theme
This binocular craft for preschoolers could truly be adapted to any theme! Change out the colors and stickers and there you go!
Find even more engaging activities in the Life Over C’s shop!