Once springtime comes around, a great way to work on letter recognition is through hands on farm activities for preschoolers. When teaching young children letters, repetition is key. This Free Printable Farm Theme Preschool Spin & Stamp Alphabet Activity is an awesome repetitive activity that will help your preschooler learn to tell the difference between lowercase and uppercase letters.
An added bonus of this activity is that spinning the plastic spinner and pressing the stamps onto the paper are both excellent activities to strengthen fine motor skills.
What Pre-Reading Skills Should My Preschooler Have?
There are a few things you can work on with your preschooler to help build their pre-reading skills!
- Learning uppercase and lowercase letters
- Work on letter sounds
- Practice holding books and look at how the words are written
- Read and talk about the illustrations in books
- Make reading fun and help to instill a love of reading in your child
How To Teach Pre-Reading Skills:
Teaching uppercase and lowercase letters to your preschooler does not have to be hard work! Make teaching children letters fun!
- The more books you read together, the better!
- Combine learning the letters of the alphabet with sensory play activities.
- Sing songs and read poems about letters.
- Look for letters while having free play time and during dramatic play activities.
How To Use This Farm Learning Activity For Preschoolers:
Enter your email address below to get a download link sent to your email.
Download the preschool farm activity free printable and print it onto white card stock.
You can print one letter a time, pick a few letters to print, or print the entire alphabet and have them ready and on hand whenever you need them.
Normally I suggest laminating my printable activities. Since children will be using stamps on this one, you may not want to laminate it.
Use a plastic spinner with a clear overlay, and set it over top of the circle with the capital letter and lower case letter. Let your child push the spinner.
The spinner will land on either the upper case letter or lower case letter. Your child will then pick the stamp for that letter and press it onto the paper.
Once one letter is completed, you can move onto another one.
Here are some ideas for what order to do the letters in:
- work your way alphabetically from A-Z
- do the spin and stamp activity for every letter of your child’s name
- if you do a letter of the week, use that letter’s spin and stamp activity for a center
- practice the letters of two and three letter sight words
More Ways To Use This Uppercase and Lowercase Letters Practice Activity:
Planning for a Farm Theme? We’ve done all the work for you!
We now have interactive thematic lesson plans for toddlers (18-35 months) AND preschoolers (3-5 years)! Get ready for fun and learning with unit lesson plans for your FARM THEME. Explore a variety of themed hands-on activities! Easy to follow lesson plans include activity modifications and adaptations to meet the needs of all learners. For more information, click on the graphics below: