Perhaps your New Years Eve activities will keep you up until the wee hours. Or, you might struggle to stay awake until 9 p.m. If you’re like me, you’ll be ready for bed looooong before your kids wind down! I believe the key to staying energized on New Years Eve is an active agenda filled with crafts, games and party activities to keep everyone alert until bedtime (you get to choose that part).
Regardless of when your festivities occur, you can still plan fun New Years activities for kids and adults. All of these activities are perfect for a New Years Eve party, countdown, or to help children understand what the holiday means.
We love our printables because of their simplicity. Just print, copy and you’re armed with activities kids will love.
- Printable planners start the year off organized and focused. We’ve got you covered, from lesson plans to dinner menus.
- Create a calendar on New Years Eve to sneak in some important understandings about the calendar year.
- Silly fill-ins bring lots of laughs to any kids’ party.
- I love this idea of a color countdown. Color a number each hour until the night is over!
- Help kids put their year in review with this fun questionnaire free printable.
- Printable word puzzles and new year games are fun activities to keep kids occupied!
- Bingo is a classic way to celebrate the New Year. Add in some fun prizes and it makes for an engaging party idea.
- A printable I Spy game helps kids form a better understanding of iconic New Years symbols, celebrations and traditions.
- Get a head start on January with this January themed Ordinal Numbers Card Game!
New Years Eve Kids’ Crafts
New Years craft activities for kids are a must at any Happy New Year celebration! You don’t have to go overboard or plan elaborate art projects. Just a few simple ideas can keep the kiddos occupied for quite some time.
- A DIY wand is sparkly, glittery and the perfect New Years Eve party activity for kids. Pair it with a DIY New Years photo booth and you’ve created memories for all.
- This paper plate clock is a “timely” New Years Eve craft that doubles as a practice clock later in the year.
- Whether you’ll be able to watch real fireworks or not, this firework fun craft will definitely entice the kids on New Years Eve.
- DIY shakers create all the noise you’ll need when the clock reaches that special time.
- These bell noisemakers are a great way to reuse bells from Christmas.
- Firework salt painting adds a bit of science to your New Years party.
Clean-up Tip: Prepare Ahead!
Make cleaning a ‘breeze’ AND make the earth a better place for your kids! Stock up on Earth Breeze supplies for easy clean-up after art time.
- Earth Breeze Liquidless Multi-Surface Cleaner& Hope Cloths (like a concentrate, with no plastic packaging!)
- Earth Breeze Laundry Detergent Liquidless Eco Sheets (no more plastic jugs!)
- And Earth Breeze Power Pebbles Dishwasher Tablets
Click on the links above to check out my fave cleaning supplies!!
Adding a fun science experiment provides valuable learning to a fun party night. Try this firework activity in a jar or any of the activities listed below to engage the young scientists at your party.
- Create a beautiful mess with a fizz and confetti science activity.
- There’s always slime! This New Years Eve slime is sparkly, colorful and festive. It provides gooey entertainment long after the recipe is complete.
Our Favorite New Year’s Books:
We can’t live without these!
Once your child’s creativity is sparked with this fun activity, take it a step further with these engaging resources:
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The Night Before New Year’sFreedom SoupEvery Month Is a New Year: Celebrations Around the WorldThe Stars Will Still ShineHappy New Year, Spot!