Are your students or children starting to learn about or need review of place value? These Place Value Card Games and Math Centers “War” games are perfect for comparing place value of units, tens and hundreds places. This is fantastic for students of various levels as well.
Decimal Place Value ‘War’ Card Games
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR THE DECIMAL PLACE VALUE “WAR” CARD GAMES:
Card Stock or Scrapbook Paper | Laminating Pouches | Laminator
Games for individual, partner, small group and whole class are included with almost endless opportunities for differentiation.
Fifteen unique sets included varying in difficulty.
- Compare units, example: 1, 2, 3, 4
- Compares units with constant tens, example:13, 14, 15, 16
- Compares tens with zero in the units example, 10, 20, 30
- Compares tens with similar units, example: 54, 65, 76
- Compares tens with misc. units: 19, 27, 48
- Compares tens with opposing units, example: 23, 32, 54, 45
- Compares tens and units with opposing units, example: 23, 28, 82, 32
- Compares tens and units with similar units, example: 33, 35, 43, 45
- Compares hundred with close tens and units, example: 123, 234, 345
- Compares hundreds and tens place with zero in the units, example: 990, 190, 330
- Compares hundreds, tens and units places with random numbers, example: 386, 731, 564
- Compares tens and units places with numbers such as 112, 121, 119
- Compares hundreds, tens and units places with similar tens and constant units, example: 775, 725, 825
- Compares hundreds, tens and units using visually confusing numbers, example: 666, 999, 696, 969 (these numbers are underlined for ease)
- Compares hundreds, tens and units using visually confusing numbers, example: 117, 771, 717, 171 (these numbers are underlined for ease) Play as a traditional game of “War”. Have fun and learn along the way!
You can print all of the games to use individually or print one set of cards to use one game at a time. Because it requires lots of colored ink to print, I highly recommend using HP Instant Ink if possible. I have used it for over a year and it has saved me so much money on ink and I never run out.
Get The Decimal Place Value ‘War’ Game Here: