I am obsessed with mini erasers. I have almost 100 different kinds and can’t resist all the new ones at Target. Best of all, kids love mini erasers too! Kids of all ages will enjoy playing with star mini erasers as they dive into these counting activity mats. This Star Mini Eraser Number Grid Game for Preschool will provide your kids hours of fun learning as they use their fine motor skills to place mini star erasers onto the right spot while counting to 10, 20, and 100. The bonus? These star mini eraser counting grids come in English and Spanish!
These star mini eraser counting grids for preschool are easy to prepare and even easier to use.
The colorful mini erasers help your kids stay engaged and encouraged to make color patterns. This activity is super easy to differentiate by choosing the number that best suits the counting skills of your kids.
With these star mini eraser grids, your children will dive right in to learn how to count to ten, twenty, and even one hundred in both English and Spanish.
Encouraging your preschooler to learn a second language during this stage of childhood will help them retain this information longer and motivate them to learn a second language later on in life.
Why Should I Use Number Grids With My Preschooler?
Using these star mini eraser counting grids is a stress-free way to help young children learn how to count.
While counting may seem like something you can easily memorize, it’s not always easy for every kid.
Number grid preschool activities make it easy to provide an activity for your visual learners, while motivating your kids to learn how to count up to one hundred.
Most kids learn best when they have a visual and hands-on activity to learn something new. Number grids are the perfect resource to help build number sense and provide a hands-on way to practice counting.
By counting out individual erasers onto the grid, children get a wonderful visual of the number they are counting.
They are better able to recognize patterns in numbers and they have practice with one to one correspondence, both important early math skills.
If you don’t know how to use a number grid, don’t worry. It is super easy and your child will catch on quickly!
How To Use This Free Printable Number Game For Preschool?
To prepare this preschool math activity, simply print and laminate the activity sheets. Cut apart the dice inserts and slip them into your differentiation cube.
If you don’t have a laminator at home, you can use dry-erase pockets over each counting grid to keep them safe.
Start with the 10 Counting grid and work your way through the Count to 20 grid and then the number grid 1 -100.
I highly recommend you purchase some star mini erasers to work with these counting grids, as they are star themed and besides, mini erasers provide endless hours of fun!
The erasers I used were found at Target during the summer of 2019, but there are also similar options online.
Have your child roll the differentiation cube and count the number of stars that they see. Then they will count out that number of star erasers and place them onto the counting grid.
Continue to roll, count, and place erasers until the entire grid is filled with erasers.
Other Ways To Use This Number Game For Kids:
- Don’t have any mini erasers? No problem! You can use pom poms, cheerios, marbles, stickers, buttons, or another small manipulative to practice counting on this printable number grid.
- Practice counting and sorting your mini erasers by color before you begin the number activity.
- This interactive number grid counting game can be used to help your kids explore patterns. As your kids master the ability to count up to one hundred they can also follow the colors on the counting mat to build a pattern.
- The colorful 0 – 100 number grid also makes a great learning activity for preschool and kindergarten children who are working on learning colors. Practice identifying, matching, and saying the name of the different colors.
- After your child has practiced working on simple counting skills, you can use the interactive number chart to practice skip counting by 2, 5, and 10.
Find even more engaging activities in the Life Over C’s shop!
Getting Ready for Your Space Theme?
Stock your library with the BEST Space Books for Kids!
Explore outer space through engaging, multi-sensory books that your kids are just going to LOVE!