The Solar System is such a fun and mysterious topic. We know so much but there is so much that we don’t know. We enjoy exploring the space in a variety of different ways. It’s fun to explore, pretending to be an astronaut or a man on the moon.
We are sharing our Solar System themed posts but thought it would be fun to share our other favorites. We have included math, literacy, arts & crafts, sensory and science. We can’t wait to add some of these ideas to our next Solar System Unit Study and we hope that you do too!
More Fun Ideas For A Solar System Unit Study
Solar System Theme: Literacy
- Space Stones: Playing With Planets For Preschool from Playground Parkbench
- Space Words Printables from A to Z Teacher Stuff
- Moon Dust Writing Tray from Stir The Wonder
Solar System Theme: Math
- Fun Game For Kids: Counting Stars from JDaniel4’sMom
- Planet Puzzles from The Kindergarten Connection
- Outer Space Pattern Blocks from The STEM Laboratories
- Astronaut Ten Frame Match from The Kindergarten Connection
Solar System Theme: Arts & Crafts
- Solar System Craft from My Mundane and Miraculous Life
- Make A Planet With An Old CD from Mommy In Sports
- How To Make An Easy Kids Rocket Craft That Shines from Books and Giggles
- Sticker Stars & Chalk Constellations from Gift of Curiosity
- Planet Sun Catchers from Pre K Pages
- Make A Telescope & See The Stars from Things To Share and Remember
Solar System Theme: Sensory
- Spell A Star Sensory Bin from My Mundane and Miraculous Life
- Outer Space Discovery Bottle from Artsy Momma
- Moon Dough from Learn Play Imagine
- Stretchy Night Sky Playdough from Two Daloo
- Space Water Bead Sensory Bin from 3 Dinosaurs
Solar System Theme: Science
- DIY Nebula Jar from Mom Dot
- Fizzy Stars from Fun-A-Day!
- Erupting Moon Dust from Learn Play Imagine
- Why Are There Craters On The Moon? from I Can Teach My Child!
Planning for a Space Theme? We’ve done all the work for you!
We now have interactive thematic lesson plans for toddlers (18-35 months) AND preschoolers (3-5 years)! Get ready for fun and learning with unit lesson plans for your SPACE THEME. Explore a variety of themed hands-on activities! Easy to follow lesson plans include activity modifications and adaptations to meet the needs of all learners. For more information, click on the graphics below: