Forest animals are some of my favorite animals. Maybe it’s the habitat they live in with the trees and moss. Or maybe it’s their deceitfully cute faces. Whatever it is, they are super fun to learn about! Some of them may be new to children, especially preschoolers because they aren’t always the most talked about. It is unfortunate, though, because they are actually quite interesting animals.
Here are some fabulous ideas to help create your Forest Animal Theme lesson plans. I’ve included Forest Animal themed activities including math, literacy, arts & crafts, sensory, science and just for fun!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Other Ideas For A Forest Animal Unit Study
Forest Animal Theme: Math
- Forest Animal I Spy Counting from Mom Explores The Smokies
- Forest Animal Pattern Block Mats from PreKinders
- Bear More or Less Activity from Pre-K Pages
- Don’t Feed The Raccoon (A Game Of Number Identification) from Stay At Home Educator
Forest Animal Theme: Literacy
- Forest Animal Treasure Hunt from Growing Book by Book
- Forest Animals Letter Sounds Activities from Stir The Wonder
- Forest Animals Beginning Sounds Activities from Mom Inspired Life
Forest Animal Theme: Arts & Crafts
- Fork Hedgehog from Crafty Morning
- Felt Forest Animal Masks from Stay At Home Educator
- Colorful Newspaper Owl Craft for Kids from I Heart Crafty Things
- Toilet Paper Roll Fox Craft from Easy Peasy and Fun
- Brown Bear Puppet Craft from Coffee Cups and Crayons
Forest Animal Theme: Sensory
- Forest Animal Play Dough Small World With Free Printables by Fun A Day
- Forest Themed Sensory Table from Crozet Play School
- River Play Dough Invitation from Fantastic Fun & Learning
- We’re going on a Goopy Bear Hunt…Fine Motor Sensory Fun from The Empowered Educator
Forest Animal Theme: Science
- Arctic Animals and Forest Animals: Comparing Animal Habitats from KCEdventures
- Things That Come From Trees from PreKinders
- Autumn Leaf Chromatography from Life With Moore Babies
- In The Woods For Preschoolers from Sorting Sprinkles
- Why Do Pine Cones Open and Close? from Parenting Chaos
Forest Animal Theme: Just For Fun
- Forest Animal Shadow Puppets from The Crafting Chicks
- Woodland Fox Cookies With A Bell Cookie Cutter from Sweet Sugar Belle
- Animal Track Jump from Modern Preschool
Our Favorite Animal Books:
We can’t live without these!
Once your child’s creativity is sparked with this fun activity, take it a step further with these engaging resources:
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Easy Product Displays Products he
I Spy Everything Woodland for Kids Ages 2-4: Fun Alphabet & Woodland Forest Animals Search & Find Activity book for Toddlers & Preschoolers (Stocking Stuffer Gift Ideas for Boys & Girls)National Geographic Readers: In the ForestThe Fascinating Animal Book for Kids: 500 Wild Facts! (Fascinating Facts)National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Animals (Little Kids First Big Books)ZoobooksNational Geographic Little KidsCutest Animals on the Planet (National Geographic)National Geographic Kids 125 True Stories of Amazing Animals: Inspiring Tales of Animal Friendship & Four-Legged Heroes, Plus Crazy Animal Antics
Planning for an Animal Theme? We’ve done all the work for you!
We now have interactive thematic lesson plans for toddlers (18-35 months) AND preschoolers (3-5 years)! Get ready for fun and learning with unit lesson plans for your ANIMAL THEME. Explore a variety of themed hands-on activities! Easy to follow lesson plans include activity modifications and adaptations to meet the needs of all learners. For more information, click on the graphics below:
How fun do all of these look? Besides being some of my favorite animals, Forest Animals make a great theme. These activities are excellent ideas for a unit study or for independent activities with your kids.