Get ready for the three Cs! Counting, Colors, and Crabs! That’s right! These free printable number posters have got you covered! This is a fun learning opportunity for summer, an adorable bulletin board, AND an opportunity to learn number words in English and/or Spanish! Perfect for your ocean theme or summer activities!
Math activities for preschoolers in a summer program don’t have to disappoint. These Summer Theme Printable Number Posters for Preschool feature cute crabs in various colors, numbers 1-10 (and zero!), and number words. This preschool math activity for summer will keep math skills sharp all summer long!
Preschool Summer Math Activities
Summer learning should be ultra engaging, as opposed to just plain old engaging! When gorgeous weather presents itself, or squirrely kiddos need a break, embrace it!
Break all the traditional school year rules by incorporating math games, literacy centers, or other learning activities that are so sneaky the kids don’t even realize they’re learning!
Think about incorporating outdoor games with math concepts. For example, tweak the classic game of “Link Tag,” by attaching large numbers to each player. In order to link with a person, the runner must call out that person’s number first (or add it to theirs).
Sing counting songs, making up movements as a group. Practice your “number dances” as a class, or encourage small groups to make up their own.
Practice counting forwards and backwards at snack time as you dole out crackers and watch them disappear!
How to Use the Free Number Posters for the Classroom
The free number posters 1 – 10 are as versatile as your preschool and kindergarten students! All you need to do is print them!
The set includes full-page posters for each numeral 0 to 10. Additionally, the counting posters free set includes half-page mats with the numeral AND the number word.
Did I mention the posters show the word in either English or Spanish?! Yep! And did I mention the cute crabs featured on each poster! Yep! The number posters 1 to 10 printable includes crabs for counting on each page!
More Number Counting Poster Themes For You
- Finger Counting Number Posters
- Spring Theme Number Posters
- Valentine’s Day Number Posters
- Penguin Winter Number Posters
Once you print and protect, your options are as vast as the summer sky! Here are some ideas:
- Bring them outside! Fill a tub with plastic crabs and let kids get a little wet while they grab and count crabs, placing them on various number mats. Depending on the child, you could mix up the numbers or present them chronologically. You could even work on counting by 2s or 5s!
- Place the posters randomly around an outdoor play area. Children must run to a poster, name the number, then hop/skip/jump that many times. Repeat!
- Bring the posters or smaller number cards out to the sandbox to practice drawing numbers in the sand.
- Use ten frames and mini crabs to build each number (indoors or out)!
Ocean Themed Books for Kids
How to Catch a MermaidShark Lady: The True Story of How Eugenie Clark Became the Ocean’s Most Fearless Scientist (Women in Science Books, Marine Biology for Kids, Shark Gifts)Inky the Octopus: The Official Story of One Brave Octopus’ Daring Escape (Includes Marine Biology Facts for Fun Early Learning!)Hello, World! Ocean LifeOver in the Ocean: In a Coral ReefWhere the Ocean Meets the SandHappy Snappy Crab, The (Peekaboo Pop-Up Fun)B is for Blue Crab: A Maryland Alphabet (Discover America State by State)A House for Hermit Crab – 3.9 x 0.3 x 5.5 inches
More Fun Summer Math for Preschool Ideas
You really can’t lose if you’re keeping the kids active and engaged with varied activities and games both indoors and out this summer. Just let your creativity flow to incorporate, counting, matching numbers, skip counting, number recognition, adding, or subtracting.
- Make patterns with pool noodles. Or mazes, or use them as giant counting sticks!
- Go on a scavenger hunt for rocks, sticks, leaves. Then, weigh them or create a collage, or count them!
- Practice skip counting while…skipping! Use a set of skip counting posters, lay them on the ground, and skip along next to them while counting by 2s, 5s, or 10s.
- Other amazing summer themes include ocean/ocean animals, weather, insects, amphibians, reptiles, birds, trees, or camping.
More Math Resources for Preschool
Learning Resources LER3341 Under the Sea Ocean Counters Multi-color, 1-3/4 x 1-1/4 inLearning Resources Number and Counting Blocks, Early Recognition Skills, 33 Pieces, Ages 2+Learning Resources Number Turtles Set, Fine Motor Tools for Toddlers, Counting, Color & Sorting Toy, 15 Pieces, Ages 2+Learning Resources 120 Number Board, Tray & Numbered Tiles, Common Core Math, 181 Piece, Ages 6+Learning Resources Under the Sea Shells Word Problem Activity SetLearning Resources Sum Swamp Game, Homeschool, Addition/Subtraction, Early Math Skills, Math Games for Kids, Educational Board Games, Easter Games, Easter Gift for Kids, 8 Pieces, Ages 5+Learning Resources Crocodile Hop Floor Game, Early Learning Skills, Easter Games, Individual or Group Play, Easter Gifts for Kids, Ages 3+
Planning for an Ocean Theme? We’ve done all the work for you!
We now have interactive thematic lesson plans for toddlers (18-35 months) AND preschoolers (3-5 years)! Get ready for fun and learning with unit lesson plans for your OCEAN THEME. Explore a variety of themed hands-on activities! Easy to follow lesson plans include activity modifications and adaptations to meet the needs of all learners. For more information, click on the graphics below: