Learning about the weather is so much fun! Exploring temperatures, precipitation, and wind is fascinating for young children who are learning how the world works. Why don’t we have snow in the summer? Why does winter feel so cold? This collection of weather learning activities is perfect for getting you prepared for a weather unit. There are science experiments, literacy activities, math, art, sensory and more!
Weather Learning Activities: Science
- How to Make a Rain Cloud in a Jar Science Experiment
- Homemade Bottle Thermometer
- Pine Cone Weather Station
- How To Make Lightning
- Building an Anemometer
- Make a Wather Vane
- Water Cycle in a Bag
Weather Learning Activities: Literacy
- Puddle Jumping Alphabet from Mom Inspired Life
- Free Printable Weather Terms File Folder Game from Playdough to Plato
- Weather Emergent Readers from The Measured Mom
- Free Printable Weather Word Cards from PreKinders
Weather Learning Activities: Math
- Counting Raindrops from My Nearest and Dearest
- Free Printable Rainy Day Counting Clip Cards from Play Dough to Plato
Weather Learning Activities: Sensory
- Weather Themed Sensory Bottles from Twodaloo
- Shaving Cream Rain Clouds from One Little Project
- Make a Hurricane in a Jar from One Time Through
- Weather Theme Sensory Bin from Fun-a-Day
Weather Learning Activities: Art & Crafts
- Weather Mobile from Buggy and Buddy
- Weather Process Art from Pre-K Pages
- Cloud-Types Diagram from I Heart Crafty Things
- Thunderstorm Art Project from Buggy and Buddy
- Weather “Pillow” Hand Sewing Project from Hello Wonderful
- Painting Ice from Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds
Weather Learning Activities: Just for Fun
- Weather Songs from Let’s Play Kids Music
- Montessori Weather Activities from Living Montessori Now
- Weather Coloring Pages from Kids Activities Blog
- Free Weather Pack from 3 Dinosaurs
- Weather ASL Coloring Pages from Look We’re Learning
- Homemade Rain Gauge from The Imagination Tree
Find even more engaging activities in the Life Over C’s shop!
Getting Ready for Your Weather Theme?
Stock your library with the BEST Weather Books for Kids!
Explore all types of weather through engaging, multi-sensory books that your kids are just going to LOVE!